Re: [Nolug] Looking to borrow a Fedora-compatible video card

From: Dave Cash <dave_at_gnofn.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:49:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Petri Laihonen wrote:

> Two questions....
> Is there a specific reason to go with FC2 when FC4 is out?

I'm not sure. I'm not too familiar with Linux (I'm mostly a FreeBSD
person), but I'm building a RAID server using a RAIDCore controller
card, which is natively supported in RC2 (according to a friend who
has built a similar machine). I assume it's still supported in RC4,
but I guess I was just going with RC2 since that friend has it and
thus might be able to help me better (as he's offered to do) if we
have the same thing.

> Please tell me what video card is not supported?
> I have not encountered unsupported video cards for years (unless brand
> spanking new). If I would have had time to come to junk swapping meeting,
> I would have had some ancient videocards to throw away.

The card I have is a Paradise PVGA1A-JK (circa 1988).

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Cash Power to the People!
Frolicking in Fields of Garlic Right On-Line!
dave@gnofn.org Dig it all.