Re: [Nolug] Why i believe PHP is out to get me.

From: -k. <telirum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:22:12 -0700 (PDT)

-- Dennis Bourn <dbourn1@tulane.edu> wrote:
> I gave this a try,.. still not playing fair,.. but now i notice if i do

I'm not sure this has been mentioned but perhaps your problem is how Apache was installed/
configured. I'm not at all familiar with FreeBSD's Ports but maybe that is the problem. Are you
sure the so module is enabled on Apache? How exactly does Ports configure Apache?

I got pretty frustrated trying to get PHP up and running like i wanted on RedHat system a few
months back. I just got rid of the default installation of Apache and followed the directions from
php.net (http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.php) pretty much to the letter and it worked
like a charm. Perhaps you should consider starting from scratch and installing Apache yourself as
per the instructions on php.net. It saved me some frustration. Just a thought.

-k.