[Nolug] Networking thru router

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:52:59 -0500

I am able to connect to the internet from one Linux desktop, one
Linux/w2x desktop, an old w98 notebook and an even older w95 notebook. I
used to be able to print to my LJ 3330 from all the Ws but only using
USB from Linux (currently FC4). I could swap files among W boxes (and
maybe still can but haven't tried lately as I seldom need to). I
couldn't see the W boxes from Linux and didn't expect the reverse. The
router is a Siemens 2614 connected to an ethernet bridge (SS 5360).

The w2k hd on the dual-purpose box (but not dual boot) became
unbootable, but before that it printed. I installed a newer one with a
fresh load after upgrading m/b and cpu, then running mobo mfr's (Asus)
CD to install drivers but that only enabled me to reach the internet.

I looked up home networking on linuxquestions.org; it was mostly about
using ip tables. Is this what I need to do, or is there a simpler way?