Re: [Nolug] Networking thru router

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:59:03 -0400

John D. Tiedeman wrote:

>>On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:52:59 -0500, "John D. Tiedeman"

>>>I looked up home networking on linuxquestions.org; it was mostly about
>>>using ip tables. Is this what I need to do, or is there a simpler way?

> Primarily print from any computer thru the net. It would be nice to be
> able to exchange files but have only been able to go w-to-w. When two
> are running Linux they will ping each other. Do I need to mount
> partitions from the other box?

Look for information on Samba (http://www.samba.org/).

If you connect your printer to your Linux box and share the printer out
from there, you will be able to print from the Linux box or Windows box.
  You'll also be able to mount files from your Linux box onto the
Windows box.

Is that helpful?

--
http://mah.everybody.org/weblog/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5