Re: [Nolug] anyone still alive?

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:56:17 -0500

Joey Kelly wrote:

>Guys,
>
>I sincerely hope everyone is alright. I'm sorry about any property anyone lost

    My friend from Pass Christian came over Saturday night B.K. He left
his car here in Algiers Point and we set out at 21:45 for Little Rock
since we both wanted to see the Clinton Library and Carl Arredondo said
NW was the direction to go. We found we could get cloner by taking the
last available room in Delhi, LA. After seeing aerial photos we decided
his place was gone and mine was standing and dry, so we went to his
place and salvage a few plates and spoons and went to Purvis for the
night and Algiers the next day {Sat. 9/10). We found my place undamaged
thouch still without power so we cleaned out the freezer and left. A
neighbor was home and I arranged to call her every morning to check on
the power using the voip phones at the community center. Tuesday 9/13
the power was on so we went to Jackson and Thursday we came back to
Algiers to stay. Cell phones don't work at all and there are only a few
TV and radio stations on the air and still trees down in the back, but
everything else is fine.