Re: Re: [Nolug] anyone still alive?

From: Chris Johnston <cmjohnston_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:31:29 -0500

I'm still in Bastrop. I had planned to leave this morning and then Mayor
Nagin ordered a mandatory evacuation of the eastbank of New Orleans and I
figured going back to Metairie might also be a bad idea. So I guess I'll
ride it out a bit longer. I've been granted computer access at ULM computer
lab on a guest account courtesy of Joe Mansour, who I found out about on
this list. He also hooked me up with a copy of Knoppix 3.9!
I wish all of you guys well and hope to see you soon.

Chris Johnston

On 9/20/05, Nimrod <nimrod@cox.net> wrote:

> Hello guys,
> Just checking in. I'm in Katy,TX working out of Woodcreek for Shell. I
> lose a lot of stuff and Yes Joey even my motorcycle. :( Of will, I'm glad to
> see you guys saft I'm keep in touch.
>

> > From: Charles Jouglard <pcguy1@cox.net>
> > Date: 2005/09/17 Sat PM 05:28:45 EDT
> > To: Joey Kelly <nolug@nolug.org>
> > Subject: Re: [Nolug] anyone still alive?
> >
> > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:24:02 -0500, Joey Kelly wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I sincerely hope everyone is alright. I'm sorry about any property
> anyone lost
> > (Scott's house and all his geek gear is gone, for instance), but that
> stuff
> > can be replaced. Hopefully none of us lost any family in the hurricane
> and
> > flood.
> >
> > I finally moved back to my apartment here in Metairie last night. How
> did you
> > guys fare? We didn't get any water or wind damage here, but I'm having
> to rip
> > up the floor tiles in the apartment due to the fridge disaster, and will
> be
> > laying new ones at my expense (the landlord has other problems right
> now, so
> > I'm doing the work myself). Also we seem to be infested with fleas :-(
> >
> > Meanwhile, I'm struggling to get a server working for us, so please be
> patient
> > if the list isn't working for you. Ditto the website.
> >
> > --
> > Joey Kelly
> > < Minister of the Gospel | Linux Consultant >
> > http://joeykelly.net
> >
> > "I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
> > --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL
> >

> > Joey,
> > Glad to hear you are okay. I lost part of my roof and got water in
> several
> > rooms. Other then that I've been wearing many hats both at work and
> Emergency
> > Management duties. War stories to follow offline later. Call me if I can
> help
> > with anything.
> > ?
> > Cheers,
> > Charles
> > 504-417-3627

"Ask yourself hourly... Am I doing the most productive thing to grow my
business?"
Hector Lamarque