Re: [Nolug] Ssh tunnel question

From: Simon Dorfman <emaillists_at_simondorfman.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 07:06:05 -0500

On 5/1/06 5:11 PM, "Scott Harney" <scotth@scottharney.com> wrote:

> edit /etc/hosts on 127.0.0.1 and add your hostname aliases there.
>
> then browse to aliasname:55580
>
> Of course the aliasname must equal an apache NameVirtualHost container.

Thanks for the tip, Scott. Sadly it's not working with dreamhost.

I think dreamhost must be blocking something because I just tried your
/etc/hosts trick with my simondorfman.com domain on a different host
(textdrive) and it worked fine.

I can ssh to my dreamhost server and reach peopleofneworleans.com with lynx
from there, so that's weird. I have a ticket open with them, but I think
they don't know how to fix it. Their only idea so far has been for me to
buy a static I.P. that goes directly to peopleofneworleans.com. Bah
humbug...

Any idea how I can troubleshoot dreamhost's server to see what they need to
change for me?