[Nolug] Pending Internet Legislation

From: Lawrence Toal <let02do_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:12:36 -0500

Warning: this is a long message that contains politics. If you find
this a toxic topic please delete without reading.

This is a poor way to introduce myself in a first post to an e-mail
list I've only lurked on, but I'm truly curious if any of you have any
thoughts on the pending "net neutrality" proposals before Congress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

My first thoughts on the matter were that regulations crafted by
legislators and lobbyists were unlikely to be of any benefit to the net
and net service users as a whole. But now I'm not so sure. An e-mail
to Senator Vitter brought this response: