Re: [Nolug] Linux Voicemail

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:14:43 -0500

> Has anyone successfully launched a Linux based voicemail system? I have a
> client that is looking for a small business solution based on a Linux
> platform.

Yes. I have worked with asterisk somewhat. The problem with asterisk as a
bolt-on voicemail system is that it's not going to be easy to interface with
an existing PBX. Depending on what's already in place, it may be simpler to
replace what's there entirely. I'm certainly willing to come out and take a
look, and give free advice (call it an estimate if you will).

How many spyware pop-ups did you get on your Windows computer today?