Re: [Nolug] Next Meeting

From: Mark Gunnell <bluecat332_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have a few thoughts on this topic that I want to put out there for comment by others. First of all, I'd like to say that I'm extremely happy that meetings have begun again. It's great to see a vehicle that we can use to learn and meet and network together. However, I'd like to see more structure to the meetings. Our first meeting was a gathering used to check interest and meet people. The second meeting didn't have any structure and I think it would have been more effective if there had been structure, planned topics of discussion or modules of learning, and notification at what the meeting would cover so people would know beforehand.
There are many ideas floating around and some have been discussed recently on this forum.
Although I really enjoy the networking and meeting of new members that are excited about linux, I don't want to waste an entire night milling around with no definable goals or topics.
Also, I won't be able to meet on Tues or Thurs nights any longer.

Ok, that said, anyone else have anything to add about meetings?

Mark

Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> wrote: On Monday 28 August 2006 17:04, Chris Johnston wrote:
> Have we decided on a date for the next meeting? Also, I believe there
> was mention of a Metairie location from Joey, is that ironed out yet?

The meetings are always the third Thursday of each month.

How many spyware pop-ups did you get on your Windows computer today?