[Nolug] ICMC and NOLUG @ Tulane on Thursday @ 6pm

From: Carr Wilkerson <carrlane_at_ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:43:55 -0800

Hi you all,

Well, I have reserved a room in 105 Stanley Thomas Hall on the Tulane Campus.
 It's the (old) Electrical Engineering and Computer Science building on the
main quad between St. Charles and Freret. Unfortunately, Engineering could
only accommodate us on Thursday. This turns out to be good, because for those
of you who are interested in attending the concert at 8pm that evening, the
'Grandfather of Computer Music' Max Mathews (composer of 'Daisy ... Bicycle
Built for Two' featured in 2001 Space Odyssey) who was the very first to
output musical samples from a computer in the 50's at Bell Labs will be giving
a short keynote speech, before the music. Should be a treat.

If I can get an idea of about how many folks will show up, I'll order pizza
for 6pm and we can all eat during the presentation. Again, unfortunately
Fernando had to cancel, but I hope you will come buy anyway. I'll give a
presentation and demo and hope to get to talk to you all and get some
feedback, too!

I look forward to it!

Yours,

Carr