Re: [Nolug] GUI programming for Unix/Linux

From: Lawrence Toal <let02do_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:28:06 -0600

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 10:47, Dennis Bourn wrote:
> so finally,.. my question,.. Can anyone recommend a programming language
> that fits this bill,.. If I dont hear of anything than ill just start
> with C. In which case what books do you recommend as good learning
> material,.. and any books I should stay away from.

Dunno much marketing....but this link makes an argument for Java 'caus
it's an object oriented language...and that OO languages ( i.e. C++,Java,
etc) are a good choice for POS...
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/09/20/javapos.html

Also there's a GPL Java POS pgm that might be worth a look here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mercator

I guess you've googled for the commercial pgms..

---Lawrence.