Re: [Nolug] Distro with ATI support out the box

From: Lawrence Toal <let02do_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:57:47 -0600

On Monday 15 January 2007 20:36, Roland Pratts wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>     I have a laptop that have an ATI graphics card and I'm looking for a
> distro that have support for it out of the box.

Hi Roland,

We need more information, like:

*Which* ATI graphics card with which chipset is that?
What kind of laptop with which chipset does it reside in?
Does the loss of sync happen at boot, or when you try to run X?
How did the installation go?
Which distro would you like to wind up with?

If the problem is fixable, it's probably fixable on most of the
distributions you mentioned.

--Lawrence