Re: [Nolug] Linuxing a Laptop

From: Dave Cash <fieldsofgarlic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:29:42 -0600

On 1/19/07, Elliott Seyler <rainrunner87@mailshack.com> wrote:

> I'm getting ready to set up my Dell laptop to dual-boot sometime in the
> very near future, and I was wondering if y'all might have a few Distro
> recommendations to share.
>
> It's a Dell Inspiron 6400, integrated Wifi, pretty much standard.

I recently set my Dell Inspiron 6000 up for dual boot to Ubuntu 6.10.
It went pretty smoothly. I used this page as a guide, though of
course I had to improvise a little to get it all working:

http://www.matthewjmiller.net/howtos/dual-boot-linux-and-windows/

One thing I chose to do was to blow away the Dell rescue partitions.
I was assured by a tech that the CDs that came with my laptop have
everything that was in those two slices.

If you get stuck, feel free to drop me a line and I'll do what I can to help.

Take care,

Dave