[Nolug] bcm43xx-fwcutter

From: Jeffrey Brite <jeff_at_896tech.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 12:01:57 -0500

At the last meeting someone asked my how I got my wireless card working
wiht my HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop.

I acutally didn't do much. Debian Etch just released so I installed the
OS and noticed it still didn't have the firmware for the wireless card,
so I pluged it into a wired network and ran apt-get install
bcm43xx-fwcutter and it grabed the firmware off the internet and put it
were it needed to go.

Before etch I had to manually get the firmware and point
bcm43xx-fwcutter to it. I've also got it to run with ndiswrapper, here
is a howto
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Gentoo_Linux_64bit_on_HP_Pavilion_zv6000_series_notebook#Broadcom_Corporation_BCM4306_802.11b.2Fg_Wireless_card

It's for Geetoo but it worked for me on Sarge or Ubuntu... I didn't
realize how many times I've reinstalled on this laptop until now. :/

Joey asked me to post it to the website, but I couldn't figure out where
it should go... probably me, but still....

Jeffrey Brite