Re: [Nolug] bcm43xx-fwcutter

From: Techmaster <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:16:04 -0500

Jeff, I figured it out. I did some more research, and figured out that
fwcutter/ndiswrapper must be incompatible with WPA. I just installed a
fresh copy of linux (trying out the beta of ubuntu feisty), changed my
router to use WEP instead of WPA, and it worked on the first try. I've been
wracking my brain over this for over a year, all along it was just an easily
fixable incompatibility issue. What's even weirder, is I got WPA working
under 64 bit gentoo. It was not easy, and not an experience that I would
want to relive. So far I'm very happy with this though...and feisty is
running great on this zv6000, with 1.25GB of RAM. I do wish there was
better WPA support, since it's more secure. Oh well.