Re: [Nolug] bcm43xx-fwcutter

From: B. Estrade <estrabd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:09:16 +0000

AFAIK, netstumber ($bl0ze), finds SSIDs that are not broadcast.
Anyway, it is true that most people hit the open AP. On the other
hand, this could be dangerous for the wardriver since someone could
set up a malicious AP. I am actually more worried about connecting to
a nefarious AP than some one sniffing my traffic.

On 4/17/07, Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> wrote:
> On 4/17/07, Techmaster <techmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Another thing is I can disable SSID broadcast, and in my apartment complex
> > that would go a long way. When I scan WLAN's, I come up with about 8-10 at
> > any time, half of which are wide open. If somebody wants to get into a
> > WLAN, they're going to hit an open one. Next in line would be cracking one
> > of the encrypted ones. Being that mine wouldn't even come up, it would be
> > at the bottom of the list. Not a sure protection, but definitely a
> > deterrant.
> >

> So when you scan your apartment, your AP doesn't show up? What app are
> you using to scan with?
>
> --
> Joey Kelly
> < Minister of the Gospel | Linux Consultant >
> http://joeykelly.net
>
> (sent via gmail.com, no GPG signature)

225.578.1920
AIM: bz743