Re: [Nolug] Macbook Air ad

From: Trey <gefox4_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:19:55 -0600

I just got an Asus Eee PC, and I love it. It's perfect. I'm not a huge
Xandros fan, but for a someone who doesn't know much about computers....man
what a deal. Built in wifi, codecs suport out of the box, an sd card slot, 3
usb ports, a built in webcam. This thing rocks. I got a WD 160 gb Passport
to go with it. I took and put 3 partitions onto the passport, a 10gb for
distro testing on this thing, a 40gb for /home, and a 110gb for media. I'm
rockin now :D . I'm definately not interested in the MBA now D

On Jan 19, 2008 2:34 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> On 01/19/08 13:57, Jeremy (mailing list box) wrote:
> > Chris Jones wrote:
> >> http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1797523/
> >
> > Like I said, I'm not getting one, but you have to consider the market
> > this is going for - the ultra portable market. Everyone complains
> > about it lacking an optical drive, but for its target group, the
> > external drive tucked into the laptop back along with the Air is
> > sufficient.
> >
> > It just seems that there is undue criticism from those that aren't in
> > the Macbook Air's target market group.
>
> The problem with the MBA is the same as with ebook readers: *really*
> expensive, and not durable enough for the real world. A 9" drop
> onto a sharp table corner, and there goes $2500. Those keys don't
> look very pleasant-to-use, either.
>
> --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA USA
>
> "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
> because I hate vegetables!"
> unknown

Trey Fox
http://OpenSuse.us - Administrator