archives: Excite@Home could unplug service Friday

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:11:55 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Ok, folks... this is no rumour anymore. Whether it happens this week, or the
next... @HOME is going dark. Whether Cox can get their stuff together before
it happens to provide their own connectivity, web and mail service, etc. to
their customers is unknown. Personally, I doubt it.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1004-200-7996444.html?tag=lthd

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Joey Kelly <looseduk@ductape.net> writes:

I believe Cox paid @home their "ransom" money to keep from going dark.
Might still happen anyway.

Otherwise I know this is not a rumour. I'm currently in Alabama
putting up a parallel DOCSIS setup for a Charter@home affiliated
office here. We don't know if it'll go dark on Friday or not but
we'll have something in place in the event that it does.

> Ok, folks... this is no rumour anymore. Whether it happens this week, or the
> next... @HOME is going dark. Whether Cox can get their stuff together before
> it happens to provide their own connectivity, web and mail service, etc. to
> their customers is unknown. Personally, I doubt it.
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1004-200-7996444.html?tag=lthd
>

> --
>
> Joey Kelly
> < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
> http://joeykelly.dhs.org
>

> "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
> When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Scott Harney <scott_harney@yahoo.com>
Broadband Services Manager (LA)
Charter Communications