archives: ExciteAtHome Cleared to Disconnect

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:12:32 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Ok, this is what we did not want. Expect there to be no service by Monday
morning, I'll wager.

I hope not, though, as I know quite a number of people that will be hurt by
this. One company I consult for will be out of business when things go down
--- they depend totally on the ability to connect to remote sites in order to
close sales, etc.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011130/tc/excite_internet_access.html

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Unofficial news. At least until it hits the news wires! Cox
Communications and @Home have reached an agreement which allows us to
migrate our customers over the next 90 days.

Charles Jouglard
HSD/HSI System Engineer
Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
(504) 304-7345 Ext. 2409

On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 10:39 AM, Joey Kelly wrote:

> Ok, this is what we did not want. Expect there to be no service by
> Monday
> morning, I'll wager.
>
> I hope not, though, as I know quite a number of people that will be
> hurt by
> this. One company I consult for will be out of business when things go
> down
> --- they depend totally on the ability to connect to remote sites in
> order to
> close sales, etc.
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011130/tc/excite_internet_access.html
> --
>
> Joey Kelly
> < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
> http://joeykelly.dhs.org
>

> "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
> When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Any word on who Cox (nola) bought connectivity from???

/m/

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, HSD/HSI System Engineer wrote:

> Unofficial news. At least until it hits the news wires! Cox
> Communications and @Home have reached an agreement which allows us to
> migrate our customers over the next 90 days.
>
> Charles Jouglard
> HSD/HSI System Engineer
> Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
> (504) 304-7345 Ext. 2409
>
> On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 10:39 AM, Joey Kelly wrote:
>
> > Ok, this is what we did not want. Expect there to be no service by
> > Monday
> > morning, I'll wager.
> >
> > I hope not, though, as I know quite a number of people that will be
> > hurt by
> > this. One company I consult for will be out of business when things go
> > down
> > --- they depend totally on the ability to connect to remote sites in
> > order to
> > close sales, etc.
> >
> > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011130/tc/excite_internet_access.html
> > --
> >
> > Joey Kelly
> > < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
> > http://joeykelly.dhs.org
> >

> > "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
> > When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
> > -- Benjamin Franklin

***      Tune in to World Transonic Radio!      ***
*** 96k: http://www.augdata.com:8096/listen.pls ***
*** 40k: http://www.augdata.com:8000/listen.pls ***

attached mail follows:

We haven't made any official changes yet. We have been working to bring
our own network online sooner than was planned. for now we have some
breathing room. I wish it had happened before I lost almost three days
of sleep working on the alternate solutions. :-)

On Sunday, December 2, 2001, at 10:22 PM, Michael B. Roetto wrote:

> Any word on who Cox (nola) bought connectivity from???
>
> /m/
>

> On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, HSD/HSI System Engineer wrote:
>
>> Unofficial news. At least until it hits the news wires! Cox
>> Communications and @Home have reached an agreement which allows us to
>> migrate our customers over the next 90 days.
>>
>> Charles Jouglard
>> HSD/HSI System Engineer
>> Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
>> (504) 304-7345 Ext. 2409
>>
>> On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 10:39 AM, Joey Kelly wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, this is what we did not want. Expect there to be no service by
>>> Monday
>>> morning, I'll wager.
>>>
>>> I hope not, though, as I know quite a number of people that will be
>>> hurt by
>>> this. One company I consult for will be out of business when things go
>>> down
>>> --- they depend totally on the ability to connect to remote sites in
>>> order to
>>> close sales, etc.
>>>
>>> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011130/tc/excite_internet_access.html
>>> --
>>>
>>> Joey Kelly
>>> < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
>>> http://joeykelly.dhs.org
>>>

>>> "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
>>> When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
>>> -- Benjamin Franklin

> *** Tune in to World Transonic Radio! ***
> *** 96k: http://www.augdata.com:8096/listen.pls ***
> *** 40k: http://www.augdata.com:8000/listen.pls ***

attached mail follows:

Lucky you. I lost three days of sleep implementing alternative solutions
:)

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 10:28:08PM -0600, HSD/HSI System Engineer wrote:
> We haven't made any official changes yet. We have been working to
> bring our own network online sooner than was planned. for now we have
> some breathing room. I wish it had happened before I lost almost three
> days of sleep working on the alternate solutions. :-)
>
> Charles Jouglard
> HSD/HSI System Engineer
> Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
> (504) 304-7345 Ext. 2409
>
> On Sunday, December 2, 2001, at 10:22 PM, Michael B. Roetto wrote:
>

> > Any word on who Cox (nola) bought connectivity from???
> >
> > /m/
> >

> > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, HSD/HSI System Engineer wrote:
> >

> > > Unofficial news. At least until it hits the news wires! Cox
> > > Communications and @Home have reached an agreement which allows
> > > us to
> > > migrate our customers over the next 90 days.
> > >
> > > Charles Jouglard
> > > HSD/HSI System Engineer
> > > Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
> > > (504) 304-7345 Ext. 2409

> > --
> > *** Tune in to World Transonic Radio! ***
> > *** 96k: http://www.augdata.com:8096/listen.pls ***
> > *** 40k: http://www.augdata.com:8000/listen.pls ***

Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
 PGP Key fingerprint = 6D 31 C3 00 77 8C D1 C2 59 0A 01 E3 AF 81 94 63

attached mail follows:

Lucky? No really in this case. I was on vacation last week and called
back to ramp up the installation of our local network. Since Thursday I
have been on one conference call after another. Along with the
installation of all the new gear. All and all it has been fun, although
I haven't gotten more than three or four hours sleep each night the past
week. We are still working on the presumption that @Home can still go
dark. Burn-in and testing is going great however.

I hope you are getting along well.

Thanks,
Charles

On Sunday, December 2, 2001, at 11:01 PM, Scott Harney wrote:

> Lucky you. I lost three days of sleep implementing alternative solutions
> :)
>

> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 10:28:08PM -0600, HSD/HSI System Engineer wrote:
>> We haven't made any official changes yet. We have been working to
>> bring our own network online sooner than was planned. for now we have
>> some breathing room. I wish it had happened before I lost almost three
>> days of sleep working on the alternate solutions. :-)
>>
>> Charles Jouglard
>> HSD/HSI System Engineer
>> Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
>> (504) 304-7345 Ext. 2409
>>
>> On Sunday, December 2, 2001, at 10:22 PM, Michael B. Roetto wrote:
>>

>>> Any word on who Cox (nola) bought connectivity from???
>>>
>>> /m/

>>> --
>>> *** Tune in to World Transonic Radio! ***
>>> *** 96k: http://www.augdata.com:8096/listen.pls ***
>>> *** 40k: http://www.augdata.com:8000/listen.pls ***

> Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
> PGP Key fingerprint = 6D 31 C3 00 77 8C D1 C2 59 0A 01 E3 AF 81 94 63

attached mail follows:

Unofficial news. At least until it hits the news wires! Cox
Communications and @Home have reached an agreement which allows us to
migrate our customers over the next 90 days.

Charles Jouglard
HSD/HSI System Engineer
Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
(504) 304-7345 Ext. 2409

On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 10:39 AM, Joey Kelly wrote:

> Ok, this is what we did not want. Expect there to be no service by
> Monday
> morning, I'll wager.
>
> I hope not, though, as I know quite a number of people that will be
> hurt by
> this. One company I consult for will be out of business when things go
> down
> --- they depend totally on the ability to connect to remote sites in
> order to
> close sales, etc.
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011130/tc/excite_internet_access.html
> --
>
> Joey Kelly
> < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
> http://joeykelly.dhs.org
>

> "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
> When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

Maybe the time and half rate for weekend work couldnt be covered.