archives: meating

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:09:29 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Hey all,

We do have a meeting tonight, if I am not mistaken. I will be presenting, and
I am going to do a Linux install on an old junker box I'm bringing to the
meeting. I will be needing the projector screen, by the way.

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Is the meeting in room 102 or 223?

Thanks.
Chuck

We do have a meeting tonight, if I am not mistaken. I will be
presenting, and
I am going to do a Linux install on an old junker box I'm bringing to
the
meeting. I will be needing the projector screen, by the way.

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Uh I think its in 102. Why would it be in 223?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Chuck Tran wrote:

> Is the meeting in room 102 or 223?
>
> Thanks.
> Chuck

attached mail follows:

On the NOLUG website there are directions to the meetings that say to
check in room 223.

http://www2.nolug.org:81/directions.html

Chuck

Uh I think its in 102. Why would it be in 223?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Chuck Tran wrote:

> Is the meeting in room 102 or 223?
>
> Thanks.
> Chuck

attached mail follows:

Oh, weird. Its in room 102, if nobody is there, then its in 223

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Chuck Tran wrote:

> On the NOLUG website there are directions to the meetings that say to
> check in room 223.
>
> http://www2.nolug.org:81/directions.html
>
> Chuck

attached mail follows:

Oh, and the flyers say room 226.

http://www2.nolug.org:81/images/nolug-printable.jpg

The prize for finding the right room is getting to attend the meeting.

Chuck

Oh, weird. Its in room 102, if nobody is there, then its in 223

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Chuck Tran wrote:

> On the NOLUG website there are directions to the meetings that say to
> check in room 223.
>
> http://www2.nolug.org:81/directions.html
>
> Chuck

attached mail follows:

What probably happened is when Scott grabbed a page out of his archives after
his box died, he didn't realize that the room number had to be changed.

Not totally sure about that, but that's my best quess.

I'm sure we'll get it straight soon, though.

--Joey

Thou spake:
>Oh, and the flyers say room 226.
>
>http://www2.nolug.org:81/images/nolug-printable.jpg
>
>The prize for finding the right room is getting to attend the meeting.
>

>Chuck

If someone is going to talk about linux and business solutions
this might be a useful article to look at.
http://perl.com/pub/a/2001/10/17/etoys.html
Sure it's more technical, but it shows how it can be done in the real world

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>