archives: Fw: Afghan TV -- Not quite islamic contributions

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:05:57 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

How about Roman empire that had all these "wonders" 800 - 700 years earlier
in these exactly same regions of earth. Taken that Roman empire did die and
vanish but still I would not give credit to islamic or any other religion of
these.

Petri

attached mail follows:

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 12:04 am, Pietu wrote:
> How about Roman empire that had all these "wonders" 800 - 700 years
> earlier in these exactly same regions of earth. Taken that Roman
> empire did die and vanish but still I would not give credit to
> islamic or any other religion of these.

The Arabs saved greek/roman writings, and built upon them.
Modern western culture does "owe" them much.

[snip]

- --
| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron.l.johnson@home.com |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| |
| "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a |
| little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor |
| safety." |
| Ben Franklin |

attached mail follows:

Well the truth is the truth, whether we like it or not. Let's begin by
doing away with that obvious example of islamic influence in our every day
life, I mean the "arabic" numerals beginning with zero.