RE: [Nolug] What switch ??

From: Jerald Sheets <questy_at_captured.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:38:59 -0600

Worse yet...

I tried to make the switchover when I got my kit last week...

No DHCPoffer....tried again...the same.

So, in usual "we don't know our a$$ from a hole in the ground" fashion I
had to remove everything but a Winblows box and run DHCP request from
there. Still no offer, so *NOW* I can call tech support.

Got a woman on the line that told me that the entire cox network was
down, and I shouldn't upgrade yet. She instructed me to go back to
@Home and that I had until 2/28 to make the switch. So this week I get
an email that says I have until the 22nd to switch or I'll lose service.
What in the bloody heck is that?

I wish a couple of things that'll never happen.

1. Cox nationwide would get on the same page.
2. They'd hire folks to support *ALL* OS's.
3. They would take a field trip to Roadrunner in Akron, OH to see how
all this is *supposed* to be done.

I'll be glad when all this is over so I can get to scripting around the
whole dhs.org thing, too.

Thanks for listening.
--JMS