Re: [Nolug] X server and inittab

From: the Professor <nyghtgolem_at_bigplanet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:28:25 -0600

Actually I found the error.

I have to boot through dos using loadlin to get the sound to work right. So
that the annoying little sound device gets set for SBPro emulation and the
OSS drivers can be used to make sound work. This is a ThinkPad 760ED with
the mwave modem/soundcard device.

Well, in my kernel params I pass, I was passing runlevel 3. I put a 5 in
there and it came up just fine.

The only other question I have is that on my home server, it does the same
thing and I am not using dos on it at all. That one has me stumped. I ran
Xconfigurator and it still does it. It claims it is in runlevel 5, but no
X.

the Professor Key ID: 0xCE5F3255
http://www.keyserver.net
Fingerprint = 6500 D70A 990B 940F FB9B 67E9 56A4 DE40 CE5F 3255