Re: [Nolug] MS: open-source may not be as evil as we said it was

From: Manuel Lora <vanguardist_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:22:22 -0600

It might not be a coincidence that this is happening right after it was
"discovered" that MS used zlib:

http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=1884&a=23968,00.asp

PR sping perhaps :)

ml

On Thursday 14 March 2002 19:44, you wrote:
> Open-source. They complain about open-source. Open-source encompasses BSD
> license ,GPL license, Apache, and many other that follow the policy of
> letting you use their source code.
>
> And actually, most companies complain about GPL b/c of its viral effect..
> but there are ways to ship a product along with GPL stuff and not have to
> worry about violating the license.

- --
Linux 2.4.16
  8:21pm up 19 days, 21:27, 0 users, load average: 0.31, 0.16, 0.12
"Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like
`Psychic Wins Lottery'?"
                -- Jay Leno