[Nolug] DNS problems at Cox?

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 05 May 2002 16:17:44 -0500

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 09:21, Charles wrote:
> No way. The only thing we have running on XP are a few laptops for testing and
> evaluation. All of the other workstations are running 2000 both as the OS and
> Office suites.
>
> Charles Jouglard
> Cox Louisiana
> HSI System Engineer
> 504.390.4432

Hi, Charles.

In the past 4 or 5 days, it seems as though it's been difficult
(i.e. must try 3 or 4 times) to get to certain domains, while
others continue to come up instantly.

The error messages has been on the order of: "foobar.com does
not exist".

In fact, I just got an error while trying to send this email:
"DNS error looking up smtp.east.cox.net". (Of course, I resent
it!)

Have there been any hiccups at the DNS level?

Thanks,
Ron