Re: [Nolug] cheap high speed connection

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 26 May 2002 21:13:45 -0500

On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 17:18, Dave Prentice wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I've never looked into anything faster than a 28.8 phone line before,
> but I was wondering about hosting a web site for my school. A modem is too
> slow. In your experience, who's the cheapest provider (cable or whatever)
> that will let you host a site for a nonprofit organization? Cox says they're
> about $39 a month plus the basic cable service. Are there cheaper ones?
> Thanks,
> Dave Prentice
> prentice@instruction.com

Is that a special rate for non-profits? Do they host the
web-site, or just run you a wire, and give you a static IP
address?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |