Re: [Nolug] cheap high speed connection

From: carlos <carlos_at_cancansystems.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:26:07 -0500

We use Direct TV (DSL) as well as all our customers, some of them hosting
their sites on a Linux server, and as far as I know nobody has experienced
any problems with down time, etc. It costs $49.95 and right now they have
an special for $29.95 for the first three months. They give you a fixed IP
address plus 10 MB and 10 e-mail accounts in their server.

By the way, I just installed Open Office (openoffice.org) on both my
microstuff and my Linux machines and it works quite nice, I thought you
could use it at your school specially since people want to be able to read
microstuff office documents! I can read all my ms documents (excell and
word) and I like the presentation and drawing tools. Try it.

Carlos