Re: [Nolug] Need graphics card recommendation

From: Craig Jackson <cjackson58_at_directvinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 07:45:30 -0500

> Reboot when X freezes? Are you _sure_ you aren't running
> MSFT?

I'm not so sure it's X freezing. It may be a driver-hardware issue. I
went to the nvidia sign -- the message board more specifically -- and I
read where many people are having problems with the nvidia drivers.

> ssh in and kill the X daemons...

Tried it. There are no errors in the X logs. X probably isn't the issue.
This is likely hardware lock up.

What's the chance that I have a defective card????

> Do you do lots of 3D visualizations, or play lots of FPS?
> If not, an nvidia TNT2 may be more than adequate.

Games? Never.

> --
> +---------------------------------------------------------+
> | Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net |
> | Jefferson, LA USA http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
> | |
> | "I have created a government of whirled peas..." |
> | Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002, |
> ! CNN, Larry King Live |

Craig Jackson
Windows - A thirty two bit extension and gui shell to a sixteen bit
patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit
microprocessor and sold by a two bit company that can't stand one bit of
competition.