Re: [Nolug] Terabyte servers on the cheap...

From: Mike Raeder <mraeder_at_payneservices.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:33:29 -0500

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 22:29, Michael wrote:
>
>> Might work if I could build in a dehumidifier. :)
>>

> You can buy small buckets of dehumidifying crystals at any hard- ware
> store, just as a temporary solution while you research how to
> build a dehumidifier. Unfortunately, traditional mechanical ones
> rely on heat...
>
> Why need a dehumidifier if you keep the 'fridge door closed?

IMHO, a refrigerator would be a Very Bad Thing. You open it up to
change a HD, moisture gets in and is sealed in. Dehumidifying would
seem /very/ error prone and prolly more expense/trouble than it's worth.
 From my experience, air circulation (giving the heat somewhere to go)
with some sort of filtre scheme has always worked fine and kinda whisks
away moisture.

Sure, there's noise, but some people like it and even find it mildly
comforting. There's noise cancellation gagets about, but I guess you
gotta deal with the fact that when you buy the land, the Indians come
with it. :)

--
Since-beer-leekz,
Mikey