Re: [Nolug] Introducing myself - SMPP client

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:37:20 -0600

I have only played with smpp very little recently (zenoss). I
remember from a few months ago someone on twisted list talking about
trying to implement a better smpp for python lib. There is really
nothing out of the box iirc. Alvin (forgot his last name) is the
resident expert in that field. And he chimed in with what looked like
a decent bit of info on what it would take to get twisted doing what
it sounds like you want to do.

Ahh, I found the post I was talking about.

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2007-December/016475.html

lol... few months ago. Sheesh. Time flies.

However. There seems to be a standard smpp implementation on android
already. Have you looked at it yet?

says support for 3.3 and 3.4 with 5.0 in the works (Project doesn't
seem very active however).

Take a look at this stuff and see if you can build on it. Or if you
need to do something different.

Aside from the included smpp implementation in android:
http://code.google.com/p/jsmpp/

You should hop on the android dev group and ask. Aside from talking
smpp... What are you trying to do?

are you looking for some transaction management in relation to ???