Re: [Nolug] Introducing myself

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 17:42:24 -0600

> It's all a matter of scale. But even at your size (and plz don't
> think I dismiss it, because your "small" amount of important data is
> just as important to you as our terabytes), I'd use PostgreSQL, since
> it doesn't have the egregious data loss problems that MySQL has.

That would be an enormous task to convert almost every single script in
our backend and all the web/wap sites to use postgres. For now, Mysql
will do....
And yes, I know 1.5 million records is not much, and so far the most
records we've racked up is somewhere between 50-60 million. And then the
acctual binary data takes only about 100Gb.