Re: [Nolug] Co-Working Spaces... In a similar category as Hackspaces

From: Jess Planck <jesse.planck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:32:08 -0600

Just thought it was interesting to note others in the region.

I will tell you that I know all about $75,000 salaries in San
Francisco where you rent a... ahem "a cot in a hallway at a 1 bedroom
apartment with 3 others for $800.00 a month". Ha, but I've been told
those salaries and prices are under some pressure these days. Of
course, I'll let you know what happens to me when the Higher Ed.
Budget Axe falls this Summer.

Besides, just to mention it. I do recognize that this list has some
intelligent folks that work under contracts. Just because you make
agreements to share space doesn't make you obligated to work for
anyone for projects you don't want. Especially if you are smart enough
to make sure the agreement is fair to your goals.

Heck. I do some pretty cheap side work, but I better be interested in
the client and project. That way only I am responsible for my self-
exploitation. If my bills get paid, then I'm happy, and occasionally a
good cause or business gets good work cheap.

Also just remember, I do not know your relationships, and I don't know
these folks well enough to be opinionated. I just thought it was
pretty cool to find at least some "attempt" with technology in this
region. Most of the time those lofty ideas just burn out because
Louisiana folks hold some hard grudges and build some high fences for
sure. I know my career here has been constant CYA. It's a necessary
evil to always be careful.

Oh yea, I don't mind spamming this list with the phone number. If you
head down the bayou (Houma anyway) and I'm not buried somewhere...

Jess

[ :P ] jess planck - 985.226.3538 - http://funroe.net