Re: Hate Linux?? (was Re: [Nolug] Woo hoo!!! On-line with wireless!!!)

From: James Thompson <james_at_plainprograms.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:04:11 -0500

I am disappointed that the "Linux Community" hasn't developed a solid
desktop offering. I love Linux on server kit where I have no need for
a GUI, but doing image editing with a desktop environment that is less
responsive than Windows XP has always bothered me.

I really loathe my Windows box at work, but I've not installed any
flavor of Linux on it that didn't bother me even more. So now I just
use my MacBook Air at work and save my Windows XP environment for
checking my company email (since my Mac isn't technically allowed on
the network) and doing batch processing work.

I actually need to try out the latest from the FreeBSD camp since it
has been years since I last used OpenBSD for a firewall setup and I
used to use FreeBSD on an old Toshiba laptop I had.

-James