Re: NOLUG mailing list bug (was Re: [Nolug] Thursday's meeting)

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:58:45 -0500

> GMail, however, sees the encoded and unencoded sections and says "I
> guess the header was lying and this is all plain text". So it shows the
> base64 encoded body.

As I understand it (correct me otherwise), when Curtis sends to the list on
his crackberry, and someone on gmail replies, Curtis' post gets garbled. Nice
corner case.

Does everything he sends look garbled in gmail?

Another workaround (not the best suggestion, surely) would be to copy the text
you wanted to reply to, hit reply in gmail, delete everything in the edit
window, then paste what's in your clipboard and reply to that. Horrible, no?

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant