Re: [Nolug] X doing something funky

From: the Professor <nyghtgolem_at_bigplanet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:36:06 -0500

Ok, I am on to something. Turns out that it does the same thing if I start
it from the command prompt.

S90xfs is not loading.

If I load xfs from the command line like this

/etc/init.d/xfs &

and then issue a
init 5

it will load into X just fine.

if I leave out the X font server command, it continuously cycles.

I think the cycling is the failure to load the fonts after the vid mode
switch, then cycling back to text mode and reloading the X server as the
/etc/inittab file tells it too.

Any clue as to when the font server should be loaded?
~