Re: [Nolug] Meeting Request

Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 15:46:37 -0500

On 5/27/2010 10:04 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
> I'd like to make a topic request for our next meeting. We should have
> an in-depth discussion about IPv6 and really learn how it works as a
> group. It's going to be a big deal for our industry soon, and I'd
> love to hear from Jeremy on how Cox is going to handle the switchover.
> Or is it already enabled now, somehow? If we can boost this city's
> amount of IPv6-ready businesses, it could really be good for our city,
> such as being able to switch over sooner, or who knows... It could be
> a really interesting topic.

I'd be willing to talk about IPv6 if you are asking (I can't tell if
that's what you were fishing for), however there are two small problems...

1. While I'm aware of some of Cox's plans regarding IPv6, the plans I've
seen are largely tentative and I'm not sure the company wants them
public just yet. I do know my job will get interesting in the next year
or two though.

2. I'm currently in the process of studying for one hell of a CCNP exam
and my time is currently consumed by preparing for the exam in July.
Unless some one can/wants to lead the discussion, I'd have to wait till
August. :(

However, it is a good idea for a talk. I'd argue that we should have
an IPv4 talk prior to touching on IPv6 just for review and to
crystallize some of the concepts that carry over.