Re: [Nolug] Fwd: Field Technician - New Orleans, LA

From: James Hess <mysidia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:59:22 -0500

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> wrote:
> On Tue July 13 2010 7:07 pm, Jeremy (mailing list account) wrote:
>> Another job opportunity for anyone who needs one...
> The rates are too low, even for this area.

Yeah.. best of luck to them, but I found that posting a bit, err,
funny, I think.
It should be fun to tear this sort of thing apart:

"The mileage is included in the price per ticket."

Hint 1: IRS standard mileage rate for 2010 estimates mileage cost at
$0.50 per mile driven.
Hint 2: The IRS does not want to overestimate the cost of business
travel, cost of gas and wear and tear on vehicle are likely to be
more per mile avg.

Hint 3: 50 * $0.50 = $25 and $25 > $20
             75 * $0.50 = $37.50 and $37.50 > $33

Hint 4: contracters would generally want to have at least a good
chance of making a reasonable profit.
Especially given the increased tax liability, other liabilities, andl
risks involved, in such arrangements.

Hint 5: Reasonable profit for a contracter working 2-4 jobs a day
that require skilled work is generally more than a profit of $50 a
day on average.

Or better than a loss of (-$20) a day worst case.

--
-JH