Re: [Nolug] Time to add some diversity to this list. Dadgummit!

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:36:07 -0500

On 7/14/2010 11:13 AM, -ray wrote:

> If you're only accustomed to Linux/BSD and their niceties, and you
> have to hop on a Solaris or AIX box without said niceties, you may be
> in for a little shock.

I can attest to that. UNO had plain vanilla Solaris installs on their
lab computers when I was there... No bash, no tab completion. I felt
like a noobie despite having used BSD and Linux for a couple of years
before getting there.

I wouldn't call it Unix Hell, as some might call it, just different...