RE: [Nolug] Mac OS X to make an appearance at the next meeting.... maybe.

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:13:53 -0600

At 08:48 AM 11/4/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>standard .omf files in and plays back video preview, while playing back
>multiple tracks of audio.
>
>Yes, motorola chips for mac's are now 1.25 Gh (equivalent to about 1.5 Gh
>intel and a bit lower AMD.) That is the top. Where as intel and AMD are but
>going over 3 Gh already. (or by the end of the year) And very soon to 4 Gh.

Let us not forget that the clock rate of a CPU is not the only indicator of
how fast the chip can move. For example, I'm sure Scott and Hunter would
jump once you said that a SPARC is inferior to an Intel chip based on a
comparison of the clock rates. Or IBM's POWER series for that matter.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dustin@puryear-it.com>
Puryear Information Technology