Re: [Nolug] [nolug] topic for novemb

From: Joey Kelly <geek_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: 04 Nov 2002 06:17:34 -0600

John,

I didn't have to set up anything in MySQL when I did this yesterday. Do
you have a link for this? Perhaps you are referring to an older version
or forked implementation?

AFAIK, SpamAssassin uses a user_prefs file that is copied into the
user's directory upon first usage, and everything (conf-wise) is stored
there.

--Joey

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 12:00, johns@sstar.com wrote:

> Hi Joey.
>
> > I'm going to show how to set up SpamAssassin to filter out junk mail
> > from your inbox.
>
> A pre-meeting question, if you don't mind. I've looked at SpamAssassin very
> briefly. One thing which I noticed was that it uses a MySQL database with all
> of the users in it. Is this required or can I run it without it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

> % John Souvestre Southern Star www.sstar.com %
> % johns@sstar.com 504-888-3348 New Orleans, LA %

Linux consultant in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
http://kellynet.dhs.org
---
Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom-shaped ones,
which have a lining of iridium and strontium-90).