RE: [Nolug] Android phone?

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:54:19 -0600

Hi Brett.

Set up a separate Gmail account just for the phone (so it doesn't mess with
your normal account) then forget the password for it. The phone still works
fine, since it knows the password. But then have the phone fail and try to
set up the replacement.

Since there is no way to clone it you need the password for the Gmail
account. Try to get it from Google. Of course if you set up some of the
new "recovery" options it's no big deal, but if you didn't...

Even with the ability to send/receive email from the old phone, Google still
won't send you the password. So you have to set up a new Google account for
the replacement phone. Thus you lose even the meager stuff they do back up
(Contacts) and you lose all the apps you downloaded (including the ones you
paid for) from the Google apps store.

No fun...

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899