RE: [Nolug] Mac OS X to make an appearance at the next meeting.... maybe.

From: Pietu <plaihonen_at_uno.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 01:51:03 -0600

Weird.....

The lack of bus bandwidth in apple mobos was one of the main reasons why
AVID moved to PC's. Another main reason was only 3 slow pci buses which was
not enough for high end I/O boards. Their latest ones seem to be getting
back to todays speeds.

And yes, CPU wise matching Ghz apple is faster. They always had lots of
L1-L3 cache memory, which contributes to speed and also to the higher price.
But it is like those OverDrive cpu's which make 486 cpu perform like
pentium, but nobody ever mention that CPU is only one part of the chain.
Slow mobo around fast CPU......

Petri