Re: [Nolug] sheer stupidity

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:17:53 -0500

On Friday 08 April 2011 09:03, Clint Billedeaux wrote:
> Techno-philosophical debates,
>
> Sorry for breaking in here without anyone knowing me, but you throw in all
> the camera phones, smartphones, and tablets {might as well state the
> obvious} the only real difficulty in monitoring the population now is
> accurately finding and tagging relevant information.
>
> Don't interrupt the thread, but can I ask a linux question?

No. Linux questions are not allowed.

But jokes aside, it's better to start an entirely new email if you have a
separate question or topic, rather than just changing horses in mid-stream.

> I've had a
> casual relationship with linux for the last ten years...more like a couple
> one night stands that ended because I really didn't have a justifiable use
> of linux, but that is changing. I use Ubuntu 10.04 on a machine that I'm
> using as a NAS, but except for about the first ten minutes, none of my
> windows machines are even able to see the NAS. feel free to email me at my
> email address so as not to break up this wonderful discussion.

You probably need to set up samba filesharing on the Ubuntu machine.

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
http://joeykelly.net
504-239-6550