Re: [Nolug] "Debian kFreeBSD is a toy OS, people really shouldn't misunderstand that"

From: Jimmy Hess <mysidia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 18:43:29 -0500

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> wrote:
> http://bsd.slashdot.org/story/11/07/16/0020243/Lennart-Poettering-BSD-Isnt-Relevant-Anymore?utm_source=rss1.0&utm_medium=feed
> What I've been saying all along (about BSDebian).

Lennart is entitled to his opinion, however misguided it may be.
I for one am really not looking for a Linux developer to tell me when
*BSD is not (or is) relevant,
just like i'm not looking at a BSD hacker to tell me when Linux is not
(or is) relevant.

Linux has more desktop users, still fighting against BSD over 2% of
desktop marketshare?
And I believe the kFreeBSD hackers may find the claims that it's "a
toy again" now
insulting.

OTOH... a Mac/Windows user may call Linux a toy as far as desktops
are concerned,
and a
  UltraSPARC T3 Solaris or IBM POWER, z/OS user may call both
Linux and BSD toys as
far as servers are concerned.

--
-JH