Re: [Nolug] "Debian kFreeBSD is a toy OS, people really shouldn't misunderstand that"

From: Jeremy <listbox_at_unix-boy.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 01:31:24 -0500

On 7/16/2011 6:08 PM, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
>> Sadly, though, kFreeBSD *is* just a hobby-toy, and the free BSDs *are*
>> irrelevant on the *desktop*. (Note the emphasis on the word "desktop",
>> though it's probably just a niche in the server world, too.)
>
> Sure, Desktops vs Servers. So how does *BSD do on the server front?

-snip-

> (I say that as someone who works at the place that Uncyclopedia loves to
> hate the most.)
>
> Mark.

As long as my choices are never only Windows OR Linux on commodity
hardware, I don't care what market share *BSD has. Any Linux
user/hacker/zealot that is happy about the prospect that *BSD is
dying/dead/irrelevant has taken a position totally contrary to what the
whole Free and Open Source schtick is about.

I guess some in the Linux world are adopting the Microsoft mentality.

"You are free to use open source if you want, as long as it is Linux."