RE: [Nolug] for all you brainy types...

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 05:08:27 -0700

We use a resource in India for some of our NOC operations (backup errors mostly). Honestly, the cost is not that far from a US resource, so that isn't the real reason we use him. Instead, the fact that he works in a very different time zone is a huge benefit since these errors come up late at night-so he is able to work them when they occur rather than 12 hours later. That said, while he is technically sophisticated (he has tons of experience), there are communication issues (mostly cultural). We've had to learn how to talk to one another after various meetings on the topic. You have to find the right person/people and really work at it to make the relationship effective.

---
Dustin Puryear
Puryear IT, LLC - We see IT differently.
Baton Rouge, LA - 225-706-8414 x1112
http://www.puryear-it.com/