[Nolug] Network Monitoring tool

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 16:27:23 -0500

Does anybody know a good free network monitoring tool? I know this is
NOLUG, but honestly I'd prefer something that runs as a Windows service,
and just pings a list of IP addresses at regular intervals. If something
goes down, send an email.

Simple enough. Best option I'm seeing right now is to just set up a
machine running Zenoss, but I'd love a simpler option, as Zenoss is
probably overkill for what I need at this time. I know someone out there
has to have a good recommendation for this.