Re: [Nolug] Android phone apps for Linux cmdline geeks

From: Mischa D. Krilov <rossum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:45:29 -0500

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Philip Amadeo Saeli <psaeli@zorodyne.com>wrote:

> Yes, rsync is another of the apps I'd like to have on the device.

I use this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.kowalczuk.rsync4android

One nice benefit of the Play store is you can search from a computer and
install to your devices over-the-air. Handy.

Currently, on my N810 I have:

> - busybox apps

There's a way to install BusyBox without root. I haven't done either.

> - ssh (client and server; openssh, not the "Dropbear" variant!)

I use this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.connectbot

> - rsync

See above.

> - nmap and
>

> - bzip2
> - gzip
> - zip

- ftp client

- hexedit

There's several implementations here. Pick one.

> - Ogg/Vorbis and FLAC tools for audio files

Playing or editing? There's lots of media players. I know some devices play
Ogg natively.

> - openvpn

I use Cisco AnyConnect.

> It has a Skype client as well.

Skype for Android exists.

> Where does one obtain Google Play gift cards? I have very little recent
> experience with gift cards of any type.

I've seen them at Walgreens, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Rouses. Basically
any big retailer.

Mischa