Re: [Nolug] restaurant suggestions?

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 09 Dec 2002 23:19:52 -0600

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 19:19, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:
> The difference between sushi and chum is the presentation.
>
> How about cooked food?

You haven't gone to eat sushi/shashimi very often, have you? You are
so right, but I think, so wrong. Yes, it is the presentation that
defines sushi/shashimi, but there is no rule that says that the fish
must be raw before it it is wrapped in, or layed over, rice. (Raw
shrimp on rice just isn't done...) For that matter, there is no rule
that it must be fish, since I've seen vegetable sushi (or shahimi, I
keep getting the 2 mixed up).

Of course, cooked fish (like shrimp, krab, catfish, squid & octopus)
may just be Americanisations. Yuji, can you shed light?

> On Monday 09 December 2002 03:58 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 14:48, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
> > > Kim Pai (sp) on Canal and S. Carollton (near Jesuit) has a decent sushi buffet at about $14 for
> > > dinner.
> >
> > Hmmmm. I'll have to check it out...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
| you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."    |
|    Socrates                                                   |